- : Aanjali Pradnya
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Love eggs, but can’t decide whether to toss or eat the yolks? Fret not… It is time to indulge in your egg yolk omelets and Sunny Side Up breakfasts. Egg yolks are rich source of proteins, vitamins and minerals that comprise of essential fats and carotenoids.
Here’s a brief lowdown on the benefits of egg yolks:
1.Better Heart Health – Want to know what makes egg yolks a heart-friendly food option? Here’s a lowdown on why you should consume more egg yolks for better cardiovascular function:
- Egg yolks are excellent sources of phospholipids, which help in building cell membranes. Regular intake of egg yolks benefits your cholesterol levels and inflammation in a good way, which is conducive to your heart’s health.
- Omega-3 fatty acids present in egg yolks help in reducing triglycerides, which reduce your risks of developing any cardiovascular diseases
- Egg yolks are known to regulate cholesterol absorption and inflammation in the bloodstream, which helps in reducing risk of coronary heart diseases.
- Egg yolks help in improving your cardiovascular functions, preventing heart diseases and helping you enjoy a fulfilling and healthier life.
2.Improve Peak Performances for Athletes – Egg yolks help in nourishing your body with essential nutrients. Athletes are involved in physically demanding exercises, which require well-rounded nutrition. Egg yolks cater to the needs of athletes by helping them derive more energy.
Egg yolks also help in keeping athletes fuller for longer, and help them evade unhealthy snacking. The mono-saturated fats in egg yolks also helps in enhancing peak performances for athletes involved in high-endurance sport activities.
3.Enjoy Healthy Pregnancy – Consumption of egg yolks in moderate quantities during pregnancy could be highly rewarding. Benefits of egg yolks for pregnant women include:
- Egg yolks are good sources of proteins, which help in healthy growth of foetus
- Consumption of egg yolks take care of your daily calorific needs, and help in nourishing your body as well as that of your growing baby
- Egg yolks contain Choline, which helps improve the brain health of your baby
4.Improve Eye Health – Consumption of egg yolks can help in keeping your eyes healthy. Egg yolks are rich in eye-friendly antioxidants that enhance your eye health. In addition, egg yolks are rich in carotenoids
– lutein and zeaxanthin. These carotenoids reduce the risk of developing cataract, fight macular degeneration and protect eyes against damage from UV rays from sun.
5.Better Brain Function – Want your brain to thank you? If yes, consume more egg yolks
. Here’s why egg yolks are an excellent food option for your brain:
- Egg yolks are rich in Choline, which helps in maintaining the structure of cell membranes. Choline is also a precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine that relays messages from brain to nerves and muscles.
- Choline in egg yolks also helps in foetal brain development and helps in preventing foetal brain defects
- Egg yolks are chock full of vitamins and minerals that help in proper brain functioning.
- Egg yolks are rich in Vitamin B-12, B-6 and B-5 that aid transmissions between nerve cells, reduce nervous system-related movement problems and help in production of neurotransmitters
- Egg yolks contain proteins and amino acids that help in fueling production of neurotransmitters and improving mood function
Egg yolks have always been rich sources of vitamins and minerals that help fight aging, improve metabolic function and help with weight management. Indulge in the deliciousness of egg yolks to enjoy better health and improve your overall fitness like never before!